17 Nov Orange Creamsicle Adrenal Mocktail
Adrenal fatigue is a common ailment in today’s fast-paced world. The constant demands of work, family, and other responsibilities can take a toll on our bodies, leaving us feeling drained and overwhelmed. That’s when we often turn to caffeine as a quick fix to keep us going, even though we know it’s not the best solution for our long-term health.
Before you reach for that cup of coffee when your energy is slipping in the afternoon, understand that:
- while coffee is a stimulant, it’s adding more stress to your already taxed nervous system, by triggering a demand for even more cortisol to give you a false sense of energy
- coffee, even when drank black, affects your blood sugar levels, which increases cortisol (the stress hormone) and insulin (the fat storage hormone)
- caffeine prevents the neurotransmitter adenosine from telling your body that you are tired, pushing you to keep going when you need to rest
But what if there was a healthier and more enjoyable way to support your body and revitalize your energy without the need for caffeine? That’s where adrenal mocktails come into play. No, these are not your typical cocktails with alcohol – quite the opposite, actually.
What is an Adrenal Mocktail?
- A non-alcoholic drink that is loaded vitamins and minerals that are essential to health and help balance hormones
- A delicious concoction made up essential minerals like sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium that help the body regulate its chemical reactions
- An electrolyte drink that helps replenish some of the nutrients that the body uses during times of stress and adrenal fatigue
I’ve crafted this delightful beverage to help you nurture your health while soothing your stress, minus the unwanted side effects of alcohol.
What you need
- 1/4 c Orange juice – for vitamin C, folate and potassium.
- 1/2 c Coconut water – for potassium, magnesium, and sodium.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut milk – for healthy fats, to help with blood sugar stabilization
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt or Himalayan salt – for sodium (balance of water & minerals)
- Optional: 1 scoop of collagen powder of choice (unflavoured or vanilla)
*Feel free to adjust the quantities to your liking and allow yourself to experiment with the flavours. It should taste salty – that’s the whole point!
What you do
- Mix, stir or blend all ingredients together and serve over ice, if desired, in a beautiful glass – because you’re worth it!
Cheers to your adrenal health!