04 Jun Matcha Ginger Nice-cream
This matcha infused ice-cream is a refreshing alternative to my beloved matcha la-tea. It has no added sugar or additives.
Matcha is amazing! The entire tea leaf is pulverized to make the powder, so you are ingesting and getting benefit from the whole leaf when you consume matcha. That means you get about 137 times more antioxidants in matcha than you do from regular green tea.
Besides the little boost you get from matcha, it:
- boosts metabolism
- aids in natural detoxification
- helps with concentration and enhances mood
- is loaded with vitamins, minerals and amino acids
And the best part is that it takes only a minute or two to whip up this recipe.
What you need
1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 tsp matcha powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground ginger (optional)
1/4 c cold coconut milk
Flaked coconut, cacao nibs, chopped nuts or any berries (wild blueberries would be stellar)
Makes 2 -3 servings
What you do
- Blend frozen bananas, coconut milk and ginger together in blender until everything is well incorporated
- If you over blend the nice-cream or the consistency isn’t quite right, either add a little more coconut milk or put mixture in the freezer for a few minutes to get the consistency of ice-cream or the old dreaded Wendy’s frosty
- Serve in a small dish, top with toppings of choice and get ready to have a nice matcha glow