19 Dec How to Fix Brain Fog
You may have heard that your gut is your second brain.
This is good information to know if you have brain fog, poor memory, trouble focusing or difficulty concentrating.
Check your digestion if you have brain fog or cognition issues and:
- are bloated
- experience constipation
- have difficulty losing weight
- have frequent heartburn or acid reflux
- feel puffy, fluffy, fat or have achy muscles or joints
These symptoms can all be clues that your digestion is impaired. So many imbalances start in the gut and create havoc internally but go unnoticed as digestive issues. As an example, brain fog, inflammation, hormone imbalances and stubborn weight are common complaints I hear from my clients, yet are not often linked to gut issues.
While digestion is a complex process of biochemical and physical processes that I talk more about & work on correcting with my clients in my Master Your Metabolism Nutrition & Weight Loss Program, I’d like to highlight a few of my favourite ways to support good gut bacteria on your own:
- eat fermented foods (like yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, miso, tempeh, etc)
- eat plenty of fiber (from fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes)
- eat or supplement with prebiotics and probiotics
- ensure you’re getting quality sleep (7-9 hours per night)
- eliminate eating processed foods and artificial sweeteners
- don’t over sanitize – this kills all bacteria
- eliminate known inflammatory foods
You can learn more about digestion and the importance of it in this post.
The take away here is that digestion is the one component that is so critical to sustaining, maintaining and improving your overall health. No matter how well you eat, if your digestive system isn’t breaking down nutrients in your food, your body can’t get what it needs to keep you healthy. It is impossible to be in good health with poor digestion.
If you’re tired of trying to figure things out on your own, let’s get to the bottom of things and do some testing. There are a variety of ways I can help you determine what’s going on and how to correct it. It all starts with a simple chat. You can book a call here.